Whoo it’s hot, huh? And barely June. Despite my hopes at not having to make any of this year’s covers myself, here we are with a patented B.Pearis Type-Over-Photo school of design. (The font, if you’re curious is a Peter Saville original, created for the 1981 – Factus 8 – 1982 compilation EP.) I actually kind of like this one, though. The photo is from the Library of Congress’ Flickr. It was taken at a square dance in Oklahoma around 1939. No one in this photograph was dancing to The Drums, The B-52′s or Air Miami, but if I was to go back in time with a boom box and play this mix for them, I feel pretty positive they’d be frightened. Fear would turn to anger and I’d get beat up or worse. But maybe doing so would somehow end up in stopping Hitler. Which would make it all worth it. That is the power of music, folks.
But I digress. Here’s mix #2 which I think turned out pretty well and is about half-and-half new/old. At one point this one had two French language tracks, but now it has none. Probably because of the whole time travel incident, the USA never had to storm Normandy and somehow those musicians were never born or never became musicians. Looks like I’ve got some paradox-fixing to do.
DOWNLOAD SUMMER FRIDAYS 3.2
- Django Django – WOR
- The Slits – I Heard it Through the Grapevine
- Young Friends – Riverside Kids
- The B-52′s – 52 Girls
- The Drums – Forever and Ever Amen
- Air Miami – Word Cup Fever
- Lulu – I’ll Come Running
- Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti – Bright Lit Blue Skies
- Darwin Deez – Bad Day
- Foals – Total Life Forever
- New Order – The Village
- Beach Fossils – The Horse
- Sea Lions – Good Feelings
- The Aislers Set – The Way to Market Station
- The Housemartins – Sheep
- Here We Go Magic – Casual
- The Soundcarriers – Last Broadcast
- The Radio Dept. – This Time Around
- LiLiPUT – Die Matrosen
It should go without saying at this point that this is an actual mix, the songs segue together despite being separate tracks. So no shuffling, ok? I switched to Mediafire for this one — does it download quicker/easier? Liner notes after the jump.