Week three and it’s the return of rhythm to Summer Fridays mixes. It’s also the return of ace artwork contributor Greg Morris who offers up this image of a super fun party time. Just what is happening here? There is a lot of pointing going on. They sure had fun on the Upper West Side back in the non-specific ’80s, eh? That’s what I’m imagining here at least.
As to the music here in, it might get this bunch of stiffs out on the dancefloor. (Maybe.) I think this one turned out really well, with one bit of beat-matching that actually doesn’t suck. Well I don’t think so. Lotta good stuff here, new and old. Hope it livens up any party you might attend.
1. Big Audio Dynamite – Just Play Music
2. Blood Orange – Sutphin Boulevard
3. Metronomy - The Bay
4. Shit Robot – Losing My Patience
5. Vacation – Jeane
6. Postpeople - Girlfriend
7. The Honeydrips – (Lack of) Love Will Tear Us Apart
8. Miracle Fortress – Everything Works
9. John Foxx & the Maths – Evergreen
10. Heaven 17 – Are Everything
11. WhoMadeWho - Nothing Has Changed
12. Tom Vek - We Do Nothing
13. Black Devil Disco Club – Fuzzy Dream
14. Saint Etienne – Avenue
15. Friendly Fires - Running Away
16. Jah Wobble - How Much Are They?
This mix in particular relies on it’s meticulously compiled track-order, so really please don’t put this on shuffle. More pointing might ensue. Liner notes after the jump.