We're still a few days from it actually being Summer but that is good, as we've got a whole season to look forward to: the oppressive heat and humidity, the crushing disappointment of everything Hollywood has to offer except for Inception, and gallons and gallons more oil into the Gulf. Good times!
On the plus side, this week's cover was done by famed street artist King of the Streets, who is probably the hottest name this side of Mr. Brainwash. As you may remember he's a staunch environmentalist (and suffers crippling agoraphobia), so all graffiti takes place via MS Paint. You can visit that turtle down at the South Street Seaport if you like. Musically, after a couple weeks of dancier fare, the guitars return for Summer Fridays 3.4. Please enjoy:
DOWNLOAD SUMMER FRIDAYS 3.4 (new link!)
- The Jameses – Rat People
- Blur – Fool's Day
- Charlotte Gainsbourg – Trick Pony
- La De Das – How is the Air Up There?
- The Soft Pack – Pull Out
- The Megaphonic Thrift – Talks Like a Weed King
- Women – Narrow with the Hall
- Jacques Dutronc – Mini, Mini, Mini
- Eddy Current Suppression Ring – Gentleman
- The Turtles – You Showed Me
- Woods – Blood Dries Darker
- Love – A House is Not a Motel
- The Coral – Butterfly House
- The Morning Benders – All Day Daylight
- Film School – Waited
- Asteroid #4 – Let it Go
- Swervedriver – Birds
- Bear Quartet – His Spine
Disclaimer: all the songs are actually mixed together, despite being separate tracks so, say it with me, no shuffling! Liner notes after the jump.