This is the last Summer Friday of August but we've still got a few week of mixes to go. I run them through the actual end of summer, so there's three more after this. Cover art this week by Robyn Lee who has the enviable job of working for Serious Eats where, among other things, is editor of A Hamburger Today. (They really need to try the Commodore's burger which is the best in Williamsburg.) She also has her own site, The Girl Who Ate Everything which is also worth checking out. (Robyn used to have a good music blog too which I wish she still did! I'm one to talk.) It's also worth mentioning that it is ROBYN'S BIRTHDAY TODAY. I wish this blog was a Sixth Street Indian Restaurant 'cause if it was, lights would be flashing with weird disco music blaring. HAPPPPPPYYYYYYBIIIIIRRRRTHDAY!!!
Musically-speaking, this week's mix is strictly a white jeans affair. It all stemmed from news about this Orange Juice box set that's coming out on Domino, and then I was all "ooh I should put on some Style Council and Haircut One Hundred and Eggstone and Magic Bullets" and here we are. Light the tiki torches, pour yourself a cocktail… and beware of the blob!
Here's the tracklist:
- Seinking Ships – Digging His Own Hole (ft Miki Berenyi)
- The Wolfgang Press – Heaven's Gate
- Eggstone - Tarasamalata
- Kings of Convenience – Gold for the Price of Silver
- Belleruche - Clockwatching
- Club 8 – Isn't That Great?
- Magic Bullets – Millions of People Running Around
- Orange Juice – Flesh of My Flesh
- Dominant Legs - About My Girls
- The Style Council – Have You Ever Had it Blue?
- Frankie & the Heartstrings -Ungrateful
- The Beat - Sole Salvation
- The Beets – God
- Beck - Tropicalia
- Top Sound - A Matter of Precision
- Haircut One Hundred – Lemon Firebrigade
- The Five Blobs - The Blob
While wearing white jeans past labor day is now considered acceptable, listening to this mix on shuffle would be a faux pas. Liner notes after the jump.