I manage one to make a mix like this one about once a season, that starts one way and then goes another. Like how do you get from the throb of Outfit to the soaring strains of “Tonight We Fly” and make room for Yello, The Dentists and Honey LTD? You just have to download this puppy to find out.
This mix is going up a day late, but it allowed for this week’s cover, the picture of which I took last night a few blocks from my apartment. We’ve been blessed with a spectacular season of sunsets this summer in New York. Add to that the bridge (Williamsburg) and the picture almost shot itself.
And in a new twist, you can stream it too:
1) Outfit – House on Fire
2) Wild Nothing – A Dancing Shell
3) Destroyer – Suicide Demo for Kara Walker
4) Yello – Desire
5) Mood Rings – The Line
6) Shriekback – Faded Flowers
7) No Joy – Hare Tarot Lies
8) Scars – All About You
9) Sapphire Mansions – Too Shiny
10) The Dentists – I’m Not the Devil
11) Joanna Gruesome – Sugarcrush
12) Honey LTD – Eli’s Coming
13) The Cleaners from Venus – Summer in a Small Town
14) MINKS – Margot
15) The Pale Fountains – (There’s Always) Something on My Mind
16) Would-Be-Goods – Last of the Pinstriped Rebels
17) Fantastic Something – If She Doesn’t Smile (It’ll Rain)
18) The Divine Comedy – Tonight We Fly
Hope you’re have a good weekend. Enjoy this one, and no shuffling!
P.S. if that font on the cover looks familiar, it’s the one Peter Saville designed for New Order’s Republic. He used to give all his fonts away on his website… but not anymore.