My brain’s not working so good this week. I mistakenly assigned cover art duty for Summer Fridays 4.12 to two people and didn’t realize it until they both sent in the finished work. Instead of asking one of them to redo it, I decided to make two mixes this week. The first, with cover by Daniele Yandel (who plays drums in new Brooklyn band The Gytters), is the “normal” indie rock mix this week.
1. Michael Cronin – Is it Alright
2. Bare Wires – Cheap Perfume
3. Unrest – Winona Ryder
4. Dent May – Wedding Day
5. The Bats – North by Northwest
6. Veronica Falls – Bad Feeling
7. Veronica Lake – Daisy Kiss
8. Domimant Legs – Hoop of Love
9. Hefner – I Took Her Love for Granted
10. The Millepedes – Cold Snap
11. Spectrals – Big Baby
12. Young Husband – Carousel
13. Galaxie 500 – It’s Getting Late
14. The Troggs – Night of the Long Grass
15. Small Factory – Here You Come
16. Lê Almeida – Micropontes
17. The Loft – Up the Hill and Down the Slope
18. Fastest Girl – Neil Armstrong
19. Frankie Rose – Soma
20. Rocketship – Your New Boyfriend
The second was inspired by the Trader Vic’s cocktails on the other cover art, done by Summer Fridays MVP Greg Morris. I don’t know if this would make a cocktail party more successful, but that’s the vibe I was going for.
DOWNLOAD SUMMER FRIDAYS 4.12 (Fancy Drinks Edition)
1. Everything but the Girl – Each and Every One
2. Scott Walker – The Seventh Seal
3. Jerry Goldsmith – Escape from the Planet of the Apes
4. The Soundcarriers – Celleste
5. Prefab Sprout – Cue Fanfare
6. Marden Hill – Curtain
7. Jacques Dutronc – Cactus
8. The Cardigans – Sick and Tired
9. Teddy Randazzo – The Girl from U.N.C.L.E.
10. Sergio Mendes & Brasil ’66 – After Sunrise
11. The Stepkids – Suburban Dream
12. Os Mutantes – Bat Macumba
13. Delphine – La Fermeture Eclaire
14. Ennoi Morricone – Sorridimi Sorridimi
15. The Legendary Jim Ruiz – Spain
16. Serge Gainsbourg – Initials B.B.
17. United States of America – Perry Pier
18. The Glitterhouse – Barbarella
19. Jens Lekman – An Argument with Myself
The Summer Fridays mixed drink can be shaken, stirred…but not shuffled! You’ll bruise the mint. I’m gonna try and get liner notes up this weekend, but we’ll see. Enjoy and have a festive weekend!
The Sale – Hoo database contains comprehensive information regarding all of these companies which have excellent ass well as proven track
records. If you are retailing the clothes in the UK but they are made elsewhere then this
isn’t a negative but just make sure you check with thee wholesaler to seee if they operate a supply
souurce ethical policy. According to the 2006 FTC identity theft survey report, onloy nine percent of identity theft
happened from Internet data breaches.
Grays and browns come in warm and cool variations, so pick ones that match your colour profile. Make sure the object is roughly as long as your face and is almost entirely monochromatic.
In this context, the six neutrals are light and dark grey, light and dark brown, navy, and black